Judo – Uchi-mata Richard Nash
Uchi-mata variations demonstrated by Richard Nash at Abergavenny Judo Club on 28th November 2014.
Uchi mata (内股) is one of the original 40 throws of Judo as developed by Kanō Jigorō. It belongs to the second group, Dai Nikyo, of the traditional throwing list, Gokyo (no waza), of Kodokan Judo. It is also part of the current 67 Throws of Kodokan Judo. It is classified as a foot technique, Ashi-Waza. A counter to uchi mata is uchi mata sukashi as well as Te Guruma. To this day uchi mata has consistently been one of the highest scoring techniques in competition.
Latest posts by Master Wang (see all)
- CSW Association – Blue to Purple – Back Chokes – Erik Paulson - August 27, 2018
- CSW 2018 WC – BJJ Demos – Greg Nelson – Fetal Facing In – Short Arm Bar – Hidden Fist Choke - August 27, 2018
- CSW 2018 WC – BJJ Demos – Rick Tavares – Inverted Tavares Turkey Wing - August 27, 2018
- Eddie Cummings Interview - July 6, 2018
- Ryan Hall on BJJ, Submission Grappling and MMA - July 6, 2018